Hello there,Am back on Hot Copper after many years. I think the...

1. 2 Posts.
    Hello there,

Am back on Hot Copper after many years. I think the last time I was on was near the Dotcom bubble, crazy days!

Was wondering if there are other similar people out there that have developed automated gold trading systems/strategies and want to discuss experiences?

I have spent a bit of time building forex automated systems however am much happier (and less confused) now that I am focused just on spot gold (XAUUSD and XAUEUR). My live trading account has been running for a bit over 6 months and is up over 150%. It has made money in months where the price of gold has dropped (eg. Nov 2019) and is a very simple strategy. I have also had the system verified by a 3rd party. Whilst it is an automated strategy, I do manually place trades (and close opened trades) and only 65% are automated entries. My strategy is not to hold trades overnight, have seen too many volatile moves in the US session!

Am sure there are folk out there that have built similar systems and strategies and my thinking is that we all have different experiences, so could help each-other out to improve our systems/strategies.

Here is a screenshot of my returns graph...

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1931/1931793-94cfcd787f803383ea7c5a29ead62f3f.jpg

I am based in Perth and if there is enough interested people we can arrange a time to all catch up for a coffee to discuss and compare experiences.

cheers,
    Cameron

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.