AUZ 12.5% 0.7¢ australian mines limited

AUZ - SKI - Count Down Begins. 5days, page-215

1. 1,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1247
    Transcript from this mornings interview with the minister from Seoul...

KIM LANDERS: You're also visiting Japan on this trip and you're promoting Australia's rare earth minerals, things like lithium, cobalt and magnesium that are used in mobile phones and electric cars, wind turbines, solar panels and the like. China has the lion's share of this market. How quickly can Australia eat into that?

MATT CANAVAN: Well, we've got world-class reserves. We're, for example, the second largest producer of rare earths. We make 16 of the 25 different minerals that go into a mobile phone; most of your listeners have probably got one close to them right now.So, we've got a unique opportunity to contribute.

We also have some projects that are well advanced, and I spoke yesterday to some battery manufacturers here in Seoul about opportunities in Queensland and Western Australia for nickel cobalt and lithium production, all essential contributions to the manufacture of a battery.

And of course, you've seen the United States this week, the Prime Minister to have discussions with the United States about supply of critical minerals. So, we have released a strategy on this early this year. We were looking at investing in the infrastructure, the innovation required, and really the next step now is to attract that investment from key partners like here in Asia and the United States.

Taken at face value the last paragraph sounds like a decision was made earlier in the year at least superficially and now trying to attract key investment partners, I reckon I’ve got an idea of who some of those Asian ones could be....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
-0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $9.789M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.7¢ $29.48K 4.147M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 2484166 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 2861544 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.09am 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.