SRL 7.25% 32.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Neoarchean you go on like there is zero risk in CLQ or AUZ....

1. 1,350 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Neoarchean you go on like there is zero risk in CLQ or AUZ.

There are a number of risk factors here:

- Political. NSW is the biggest NIMBY state in Australia. If you have some hold out landholders who do not want to sell to CLQ (as I don't believe they own the land yet) then good luck moving farmers on with a bit of local support behind them. This may be different as its a base metal project and not coal or gas. But even still it is one of the hardest states in Australia to get a mine up and running.
    - Geological. The grades are not here on this style of deposit. Laterites are basically big altered mafic intrusions where all the sulphides have weathered and oxidised out and are associated with clays in very low grades. Loads of clays, oxides that do not go well in processing trying to extract the metals. Read some history on Murrin Murrin and Ravensthorpe (Both of which have gone back into care and maintenance despite the increase in Ni and Co prices).
    - Metal market risk. Huge hype around scandium ores and its uses in aerospace. 5-10 tonne demand annually globally. That market is ridiculously small. Any significant supply brought onto market will impact prices and you would want to hope it is modelled well in the financials.
    - Financing risk. Go back and read about capex woes related to laterite deposit developments. Globally, on probably every single deposit that has been brought to market. This is because it is related to the style of deposit, and how the extraction process works.

These are all factors that need to be considered. Now I'm not saying the Congo is all peaches and cream. But it sure as sh!t makes it easier when you have a cracking deposit rich in Cu and Co sulphides that are easy to work with and metalurgically reasonably straight forward.

You keep talking about ISIS. Have you actually seen what happens when the Knitting Nannas or Lock the Gate groups get stuck into a project. It stops. Completely. I know who I would rather be dealing with if there is local opposition against a development.

Disc, I'm not sure if the locals support this project or not. For myself with a mining background I won't look past the fact that its a laterite and has massive technical hurdles to overcome through development.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.0¢
Change
-0.025(7.25%)
Mkt cap ! $28.87M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.5¢ 32.0¢ $32.56K 98.15K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9999 32.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
33.0¢ 1537 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.