AVA 4.35% 11.0¢ ava risk group limited

AVA chart, page-226

1. 1,016 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    It's tricky now with the little volatility we are seeing in the broader index. Historically speaking, the last time AVA announced a dividend, it actually spiked heavily after going ex-divi. Case studies of other equities reveals that price action around the time of an announcement like a special dividend isn't always exact.

I've continued holding with a tight stop loss which I believe would demonstrate a fundamental weakening. I used to "hold till the report" and pray that the trend would reverse, but again from the case studies I've seen sometimes you'll have an earnings report and the stock stagnates for 1-2 months before a heavy uptrend starts on no news which is like a delay in the translation of the fundamentals. Accordingly, I no longer trust or even bother wondering what the results will be and instead try valuing the company on all objective information available today and until the next update just use TA to enter and exit appropriately.

I've also chased "baggers" early in my career, and it often led to my account ballooning to 150% and then with me exiting at a loss..ever since I've never even aimed to bag on a company but rather put a large holding and aim for more realistic returns targeting uptrends. AVA will remain on that watch list as I think the fundamentals are a lot stronger than the current valuations given the current objective image of the company. If it broke my stop I would exit and actually just re-enter (emphasising the importance of position sizing and accepting a loss before entering any trade).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $31.84M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 11.0¢ $746 6.604K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 95499 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 73226 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.06pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.