AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Avanco opening ceremony and pictures

1. 833 Posts.
    Article out today. Probably have some announcement this week.
    Note that the number of employees is now 115.

Pictures in the link below
    http://conectacarajas.com.br/2016/04/19/avanco-inaugura-mina-de-antas-north-em-curionopolis/

Avanco opens Antas mine in North Curionópolis

APRIL 19, 2016 CARAJAS0 COMMENTS
    Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest

Avanco Resources representatives held on the morning of Tuesday (19) the opening of the Copper Antas North Mine, located 25 km from Parauapebas, but in the municipality of Curionópolis. In addition to board members and employees, was attended by the mayors of Canaan dos Carajás, Jehovah Andrade; Parauapebas, Valmir Mariano; and Curionópolis, Wenderson Chamon, next to his father, state representative John Chamon, among other authorities.
    In his speech, the Secretary of Geology, Mining and Mineral Processing of the Ministry of Mines and Energy, Carlos Nogueira, congratulated the initiative of the Australian company and recalled the support given by the federal government to the enterprise. "When we were approached by Avanco, we ensure that the mining license for the project would come up to three months, but we managed with the release came out in little more than two," he said.
    The CEO of Advancement Group, Anthony Polglase, said the Antas North plant will produce 45,000 tons of copper concentrate per year. He thanked the support of investors, partners and the municipality of Curionópolis. "We promise to return to work the trust placed in our company," he said. Tony, as he is known in the company, said Australians have learned a lot with Brazilian collaborators and this facilitated that the project would walk quickly, "all the time and planned budgets."
    The president of Avanco said he expects Antas North, who started the copper project exploration program in 2014 and produced the first copper concentrate in March this year, will attract other companies to the state of Pará. "We are proud to say that Para is a great place for a mine, "he emphasized.
    At the end of the event a retrospective was presented video of mine that currently has 115 people employed. It was also shown the Pedra Branca, future mining project that has three times more copper than the Antas North.

[Show slideshow]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.