AVH 0.41% $2.42 avita medical inc.

This stock is the worst I've ever held. A good company with some...

1. 131 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    This stock is the worst I've ever held. A good company with some competitive advantage on the product. However the management is so clueless and greedy they couldn't even use these advantages to their benefit. It's ruined by mismanagement and I'm afraid the clock is ticking and the competitive advantage is not going to last forever (I believe patent is expiring soon).

Looks like they spend more money on the marketing than on R&D so I've changed my outlook from long to sell when the price is right. The capital raising is a clear sign the management unable to reserve cash while they're hibernating due to pandemic and until the management is replaced, this company is one to avoid.

I wholeheartedly agree with Sojourner's view. Don't fall in love with the stock and don't be scared to dump dog stocks and cut your losses. I found that good stocks will have tons of excellent, well reasoned DD posts everywhere and very lame counter points. If the fundamentals are strong, it makes it easy for the up rampers and hard for the down rampers. The inverse is also true.

AVH thread has very little posts about the strong points of the company while a lot of questions have been raised about the fast cash burn, CEO selling his free shares, unrealistic remuneration package, etc. if the company is good, the ratio of positive and negative DD should roughly equal the same. However, only a few people here who have the balls to call out on the bad management while the rest just keep repeating the same mantra like "Japan market", "good product", etc. Yes, it is a good product but the company is helmed by a bunch of greedy donkeys who couldn't care about the shareholders. It's like putting a bunch of monkeys behind the steering wheel of a Ferrari.No matter how good is a vehicle, who the driver is also important.

I've moved on and converted most of my AVH to a few other stocks and I'm starting to recoup my losses. I will sell the rest of my holdings completely over the next few months as I reckon there are heaps other opportunities to be had somewhere else.

All the above is IMO so DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.42
Change
0.010(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $160.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.42 $2.45 $2.41 $562.3K 231.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 82002 $2.42

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.43 16 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.