AVL 7.14% 1.5¢ australian vanadium limited

AVL Chart, page-2338

1. 9,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17573

@binwood or others I have a question that maybe those with TA knowledge can answer.  Most days over the last week, I see the SP rise in the morning but fall in the afternoon.  A while ago in another stock I owned people were talking about investment houses ‘lending’ shares others may have with them to sell them and buy back later to close the position (i.e. seems to be something they can do with your shares btw).  I am not sure whether that constitutes a ‘short sell’ or not but interested in your thoughts, and if not whether that might explain some of the trading here of late.

I recognise some selling is about people getting money for the upcoming oppie conversion but just want to get a view as to the above is a possibility in explaining some of the recnt SP action.  I recognise the retreat in SP after the SS in part was about some getting out - sell the news - but since mid October just been wondering what is going on SP wise here.  I recognise we are not in production so comparisons to Largo shouldn’t essentially be made either as I posted a few days ago as well,  but with an upward trending vanadium price and now further data in this Ann which should find its way to the PFS I would have thought the market response would have been better in the last week or so.  Obviously, a binding Offtake would reinforce a view that FA is strong here and the deposit will be mined in a timely manner (maybe that is it a road map to production is required here and maybe something like an Offtake is what is required to make the market stand up and say yes this will be mined).

From a FA point of view, at a high level the new Rebar standard in effect, based on my own readings of the situation, will double (or more than double) the required vanadium content in steel production in China hence the increasing vanadium price over the last few months (in line with the market view of vanadium supply shortfalls).  Anyone getting into production in the next three years will see very good payback periods IMO, and I suspect AVL will be a first mover btw.

So whilst FA I think is strong here and this will be mined, just wondering views out there on what they think is going on SP wise of late (since mid October as I think that would be the time I would have expected the traders to have departed the stock following the SS).

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.001(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $129.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.5¢ 1.4¢ $105.8K 7.334M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 2698027 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 8089207 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.