AVL 7.14% 1.5¢ australian vanadium limited

Good to see you're still hanging on Dan. You'll be a good part...

1. 1,843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 490
    Good to see you're still hanging on Dan. You'll be a good part of the reason I'll have a smile on my face if one day down the track they get finance, and not bought out cheap.

I'd still love to be in there with you mate. Had 25 mil at one point!! I've been involved with a lot of companies, both here and overseas. Some you see right off the bat are keen to move ahead at speed, and make sure to bring shareholders along for the journey. Decisions are based on what is best for the group, and the long game is very clearly mapped out, and timelines explained along the way, even if they're pushed out. Some make it big, and some don't do a thing but go around in circles, but you walk away knowing exactly where you stood the entire time. After a while you start seeing patterns and just get a feeling on the ones that will make it, as well as those that most likely won't. Ironically enough, it all historically has been very tied in to the attitude towards shareholders (owners). I'd suggest people go back and look at a real success story. Have a look at their capital raising history and then compare the announcements given to shareholders vs what actually unfolded. I think you'll see a very clear pattern.

Other companies you just get this sense that as long as the bank account is healthy, and staff and directors are getting paid heaps, then "what's the rush"? Why not have a 20 year cycle rather than forging ahead right away? An annual salary times ten before a dozer is even brought on site ain't too bad a result. Heck, selling the company at 2c a share with millions of free options gathered in that time adds up as well. Even better if the purchasing company keeps everyone onboard at an even better rate if they manage to get the shareholder approval for the sale!!! What has it been now, 15 years since it started as YRR?? More? Nah, it was clear as day when they got involved with those two interesting companies to raise capital who AVL is looking out for. They made a deal with the devil, and what is so frustrating about it all is that they were so close to the finish line. Greed and self preservation just took got the better of a couple of people they relied on for advice IMHO. Seemed better to stay clear of shareholders asking any questions, and from that point I couldn't trust the lot of them. So I bailed, and now pop in every few days as I'm scouting out what to do next as the dust settles on 2022. Sold out of all my positions a while back (as well as my last 25% of AVL), so admittedly I've got more time on my hands than I'm used to being just out of my 40's. Glad summer is here and I may start to play some more tennis, benefit from these golf lessons finally and catch a few fish up north.

So Dan, good luck mate. I think you've got a good one in Vince. Hopefully this new guy won't be pushed around as much and treat shareholders as he'd like to, not what he's being told to do by people not qualified enough IMHO to even have an opinion about finance, or investor relations. OK, so I better get ready for all the cheerleaders to start bashing me on the head with their pom-pom's.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.001(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $129.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.5¢ 1.4¢ $105.8K 7.334M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 2698027 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 8089207 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.