AVL 3.13% 1.7¢ australian vanadium limited

AVL news, page-649

1. 18,329 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3819
    There’s a couple of interesting stories in The West in the last few days that may relate to the decision to proceed with the Tendinewa processing plant, 90km (?) east of Geraldton:​

https://thewest.com.au/business/min...ne-iron-ore-mine-east-of-geraldton-c-15236867
    John Welborn’s Fenix Resources decides to dust off low-grade Shine iron ore mine east of Geraldton
    … “Production is slated to commence during the December quarter and Fenix is aiming to haul 100,000 tonnes of iron ore per month to Geraldton Port.” ..

The word ‘haul’ is what I thought maybe relevant to AVL given Fenix bought its own haulage business a while back, takes haulage contracts from others, owns the Ruvidini rail siding near the proposed Tendinewa plant and has started calling this siding its’ “inland port” .

The other story published yesterday talks about community benefits under the proposed Future Made in Australia bill which is currently undergoing a two week discussion period in Parliament, and will be voted on later in the year:
    https://thewest.com.au/politics/fed...s-of-industries-set-up-in-new-laws-c-15217117
    .. “New laws will mandate all money spent under the Government’s signature Future Made in Australia policy will have to back projects that can show they will benefit local communities and workers.
    Projects will have to support well-paying jobs, invest in workforce training, collaborate with communities affected by the transition to net zero, create stronger domestic supply chains..”

As was noted byLewis the other day, that Geraldton workers will be able to commute from to the plant (and to other infrastructure proposed for the area) is increasingly relevant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $146.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.6¢ $7.53K 465.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
79 26832494 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 10628557 35
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.48am 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.