AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

'Unfortunately the DOW aint as positive as the Global X etf,...

1. 1,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9254
    'Unfortunately the DOW aint as positive as the Global X etf, with inflation the big concern there, down another 270 pts on Friday night with above average volume, ABC looks complete but will it extend further down ?

Indicators look bearish

Could be a rocky start to the week, lets hope AVZ responds more to the Global than the DOW,'

Hi @beisha,

Not sure referring to the DOW as a leading indicator for AVZ is wise (i.e. why would AVZ react to the DOW specifically?) when there are more relevant indexes IMO such as the S&P 500, NASDAQ etc. i.e. In fact the Nasdaq closed UP 0.4% to end the week and while the S&P closed slightly down after flirting with a new ATH, the Nasdaq did indeed close at a new ATH.

Remember that the DOW Index is made up of 30 mostly mature companies (albeit giant ones) and its relevance to the exponentially expanding e-mobility / battery metals space is pretty much zip. The NASDAQ at least is heavily weighted toward a broad spectrum of technology growth companies so I suppose there is some relevance there. The S&P 500 is obviously a much broader index than the DOW, and thus more representative of what the broader market is doing (in general).

In any case, IMO its worthwhile looking at all of the below indexes and ETFs if one is wanting an indication of the probable daily directions of AVZ. But even then, AVZ has a habit of doing its own thing when you would expect the opposite to occur. That's why IMHO it's probably a better idea (and a lot less stressful) to monitor the larger uptrend in play (refer to the below monthly logscale candlestick charts as a guide) instead of jumping to conclusions with sub waves, short term technical indicators, short term behaviour of non-relevant indexes and the like.

This is especially important at the moment IMO with multiple AVZ announcements (FA) due to drop anytime between now and early 2022. After all, does one really want to risk getting caught with their pants down on short term and iffy technical hunches when one can alternatively sit back, relax (but stay informed), do nothing (at least until a broader trend change emerges or news suggests a bearish outlook) and either book or retain one of the best front row seats (Manono) to one of the the greatest revolutions and investment opportunities of our lifetime IMO?

GLTA and remember that the journey is never ending. There's always gonna be growth, improvement, adversity; you've got to take it all in and do what you believe is right, continue to grow, continue to live in the moment but understand what the likely direction of the future may mean for your investments.

Cheers
    Elpha

Monthly log charts 2018-Nov 2021- Indexes ETFs.png

AVZ daily candlestick chart 2018 - Nov 2021.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.