AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Hi Average Joe, Thanks for the chart and interpretation. Did you...

1. 714 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 88
    Hi Average Joe,
    Thanks for the chart and interpretation. Did you really mean 'dead cat bounce' by it's normal definition? I notice a lot of posters use it to mean a failed recovery, but the extended definition of DCB as I know it, has two other components

-the low after the bounce is lower that the previous low (not the case in your chart)
    -the DCB signifies that the downtrend is ongoing (sounds like from your commentary that you think it will go sideways, then maybe up)

Sorry to be a pedant, but the term DCB puts fear into my heart, and I don't think that we have legitimately had one of those this week.

"A dead cat bounce is a price pattern used by technical analysts. It is considered a continuation pattern, where at first the bounce may appear to be a reversal of the prevailing trend, but it is quickly followed by a continuation of the downward price move. It becomes a dead cat bounce (and not a reversal) after price drops below its prior low. "

Read more: Dead Cat Bounce https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/deadcatbounce.asp#ixzz5FTxrt5il
    Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Best regards
    CC
    Last edited by countrychick: 14/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.