AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

This was posted for another company, but I think applies to all...

1. 728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 165
    This was posted for another company, but I think applies to all shares at this time of year:

collinsstreet
    08/06/18 Time:17:51:13 Post #:33604312

good work then @Fangk ....

correct you might be? maybe say a mill or two short? maybe. so lets say 1% of the SOI =4 mill, that would then be .25% of the 400 mill on issue? not too much hey?

i remember seeing shortman (posted on these threads actually) that the said the short positions was equal to 10% + of stock (350mill shares back in the day), which equalled approx 35mill at min of shorts? absolutely zero chance of that being the case. it is extremely difficult to get a borrow on these things. not even the cfd guys will do it. and obviously theres plainly no eto's to work with either.

so the good thing is @Fangk , we can disagree.. and thats pretty healthy. so, if shortman say there are a mill or two open shorts, then i'll run with that. a win to you. i question shortman though. it's just not right. and everything can be manipulated in this line of work. it might look black, but often it's actually white.

i, however prefer the theory, misplaced as it maybe, that a fund of reasonably size, placed an order to sell their holding of the stock. maybe got it at 1.50? maybe less? made 60-90 cents on a heap... locked the $$ in... surprise surprise.... eofy just a couple of weeks away. and one thing ALL of those "collins st" types like @Fangk is bonuses. big fat bonuses. the kind that gets them a porsche, or a good deposit in the leafy north shores of sydney or the stylish eastern melbourne suburbs...and most get them (not all) when a profit is locked in. it works like that. and whilst you and i might think it's in the best interest to hold it for the longest of terms (i dont actually, always happy to take profits here and there) but this industry is ALL about results. you live and die by them. you get results however you can get them. and thats why i think they, the shares were sold down. and if i was to be so bold @Fangk , id actually say it was FACT. but, in the best interests of both yours and mines sanity , i wont run with that.

so, maybe there are a mill or two short on the books. not much in the scheme of it.

thats it, enjoy. computer now off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.