AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Hello Eshmum, I also employ technical/numerical analysis as an...

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Hello Eshmum,

I also employ technical/numerical analysis as an important, unbiased input to my investment decisions. One of the tools I use most frequently is also the Ichimoku, and I arrived at a very similar observation as yours on 20/07. Similar - but not the same - because I soon spotted we have used different parameter values.

Having experimented with different sets of parameter values, I've been using 5, 20, 40 for my ASX Ichimoku (I use other values for other markets) and observed a strong buy signal for AVZ during the afternoon trades on 19/07.

The reasons behind using 5, 20, 40 for ASX was to:
    - account for a (much) shorter cycle due to the light-speed spread of information nowadays
    - account for a 5-days working week, and public holidays where ASX does not open
    - monthly/quarterly reporting that wasn't required when Ichimoku formulated
    - different types of market movers (and their speeds) in different markets

I still use the original 9, 26, 52 as a "control" for comparison, and sometimes I also base my investment decisions on the observations from 9, 26, 52.

May I please humbly learn of your reasoning(s) for using 9, 26, 52? Many thanks for generously sharing your Ichimoku observations on this forum, and equally thankful in advance to hear from you!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.