AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Correct me if you differ but @Deboss is looking at the Magnetic...

1. 420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 680

Correct me if you differ but @Deboss is looking at the Magnetic : non magnetic characterisation testing, which resulted in the low iron content data point.

So, if you note the ‘calculated head’ which in most instances hovers around 0.4% that’s the critical data point, which explains AVZ confidently adopting Nagrom’s data to publish it on the ASX platform, in October 2018:

The mean concentrations of “penalty” elements are low.

0.1% F, 0.3% P2O5 and 0.4% Fe2O3

and later, this year in May 2019 presentation noting the same data points for iron along with other deleterious elements; phosphorous and fluorine.

The key issue with deleterious elements appears to be with the calciner, hence how much iron (as example) can be removed before any melting.

Comparing to PLS that made quite a few tests starting 2015, there is similar data points for technical grade.

What difficult to ascertain is what are the conditions for each testing program, for example the “mean concentration” for deleterious elements, one has to ask how much of a synopsis that data point is for the whole resource.

As we can see for PLS with about seven (7) zonations, the resource only has a quasi-homogenous character to it. Hence less reliable even when from same supplier for an upstream processor than a JORC defined “homogenous” resource with a low strip ratio for extraction like AVZ’s Roche Dure and CDL Pegmatites.

Further MET testing would likely define the metallurgical characteristics for Roche Dure, and likely a vote of confidence from an offtake party. Bear in mind the the market as whole is much wiser about specifications and tightening those specifications going forward with battery technology and safety demands.

So below 1% if not below 0.5% consistently is likely AVZ’s target with minimal processing aka a DMS recovery process plant. SC 6.3% has been achieved already with this DMS recovery so if they tap out a flotation circuit and just keep DMS recovery alone that’s a potential saving to the tune of millions of USD; exactly how much I’m not sure. But you can see where this is going in terms of economics for a start up.

Then there’s tax holidays, but that’s offtopic...

Fact is, Manono is the next Greenbushes in terms of product with tin credit likely to be very credit worthy...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.