AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

AVZ Peer Transparency, page-72

1. 9,099 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17704
    1. Yes I recall the AVZ power station can be expanded beyond 64 MW. That will be a significant key to working out what their future plans are as 64 MW will be enough power to produce the spodumene from a 5 mtpa ore feed input scenario, so any expansion means they are planning something else.

2. The slightly higher difference spodumene concentrate produced by Nemaska (6.25%) compared to AVZ will not change the conclusion that much that "at best the 64 MW facility at best IMO can produce 200,000 tonnes of 6% grade spodumene for export plus at best a further 30,000 tonnes of lithium hydroxide monohydrate for export IMO."

3. The Nemaska study was based on 1 mtpa ore feed facility producing spodumene concentrate that was then converted to hydroxide and carbonate. If they went for a 2mtpa ore feed configuration the Nemaska power station would need to be closer to 100 MW instead of the 59 MW they are building (if their proposal continued along the lines that the spodumene produced at source would be converted to hydroxide and carbonate in full at source).

4. Hope the stuff I have written on power stations here and above helps yourself and others.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.