AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Yes agree you cant stoop to their level. Legally particularly,...

1. 1,022 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1165
    Yes agree you cant stoop to their level. Legally particularly, we would never survive it especially with the attention AVZ is receiving by ASX. And you can also see the spotlight Zijin has placed on Marius Mhigo in their latest ICC motion, with the admittedly slightly questionable connotations of that agreement, imagine what the hypocritical sharks could do if we had actually engaged in more shady pathways. Legal matters aside, we ethically also shouldn't go down that road.

However thats not to say Mattyed's other points lack merit. Our efforts and the situation on the ground thus far back his claim that those willing to play the dirty games are likely to prevail in these kind of jurisdictions. When dealing with the highest echolons of a corrupt government legitimate questions are raised as to whether being in the right, legally, will actually be enough to secure our rights over Manono. I have considerable doubts over that, and whether even ICC victories down the line (should they occur as hoped - nothing is certain) will deliver us the result that we want.

So, with that in mind whats the alternative? I suggest we go only as far into the ICC program to highlight the likelihood of Zijin/Cominiere's likely failure there in order to build our leverage towards getting a good deal. Leave this mess to those willing to engage in the underhand tactics that may eventually succeed anyway.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.