AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

AVZ roadshow, page-708

1. 222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 162
    Great post Panther22. I'm also in the TO camp. Hope we get the ML & then mgt finds a buyer to take over the project. Being issued with a ML is no guarantee there won't be further unexpected curve balls down the track that could undermine AVZ. Also, a TO while in trading suspension & without a ML would still be OK for me if mgt can negotiate a good price. Realistically, even if a ML dropped tomorrow, AVZ won't be producing before 2025 at best. 2 yrs plus is a long time for many things to go wrong. A closing comment. Nigel & the mgt team have achieved plenty over a 3-4 yr period despite some shortcomings & whilst I'd like to see AVZ take this to production, the last 8-9 months have just re-affirmed what a difficult business environment we operate in. DRC is poor for good reason. While we all want to see Felix eradicate corruption, he has a mountain to climb b/c corruption is entrenched. We're talking about a way of life that dates back to when Belgium ruled the roost. Also, before anyone screams at me & suggests AVZ should take Manono to production it is worth remembering RIO (one of the largest miners in the world with deep pockets) has been trying to develop the huge Simandou Iron Ore reserves in Guinea since 2008 with nothing to show. Granted DRC is not Guinea & iron ore is not lithium it just highlights the general challenges of doing business in Africa. Iron ore has been the new gold since 2010 & not even the great RIO (with Chinese support) has been able to make major inroads in Africa. Enjoy the rest of your day.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.