AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Its no secret that ive been supportive of a negotiated outcome...

1. 1,007 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1153
    Its no secret that ive been supportive of a negotiated outcome for some time, even if that involves moving forward with majority ownership only over the south. That the north is gone is all but a foregone conclusion IMO, and at this point I can't see any deal gaining approval and buy-in from the authorities that gives us back 13359 in its entirety, and our opponents ending with nothing, ICSID pressure or not. Despite our opponents clear lack of legal grounding for their obvious theft.

Though I must stress that I would want any outcome formalizing a split to also involve an arrangement over Mpiana-Mwanga, AVZ receiving a minor stake in the north's JV, Cominiere ceding their other 10% of Dathcom to the government, and AVZ getting our ROFR over their remaining 15%. We'd also need to see the transferred north's tenement reduced to its 'original' size, not the expanded version containing camp colline and the entirety of the water access. That's a deal that i think could actually work for both sides, and progress a path forward out of this mess. I know it's not a popular view but ive been open in saying that I think that's the way forward if we don't want to go the whole hog at ICSID. Which we very much do not, in my view.

Nonetheless even though we're backing similar(ish) positions of compromise, I dont trust you Morningsuit as far as i could throw you. I suspect you'd give a lot more away besides, to the point that we can be further attacked and isolated by Zijin in future, until they gain outright dominance over the lot. And you folks at MMGA gaining an expanded bank accounts by way of Beijing. No deal IMO unless it contains stipulations that help protect our interests. Yes NF is not liked and is probably a roadblock of a sort by this point, but he's kept us in the game, has 50 million reasons to not run us into the ground, and I wouldn't swap him for the Zijin stooges that are MMGA in a thousand years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.