AW1 4.00% 13.0¢ american west metals limited

AW1 General Chat, page-2244

1. 2,273 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 553
    To add some more political context to the situation in Nunavut as well, here's a quick but not complete explanation of what the current state of things are.

- The Nunavut government is getting control over royalties from mining from the federal government
    - Federal canadian government is extremely keen to get a foothold in the arctic not just for the electrification push but also geo-strategic control of the arctic. - USA government is pushing them on this.
    - Canada is proposing to build new roads into nunavut
    - There is a fair bit of anti-mining which successfully blocked the expansion of an iron mine in nunavut and this got the headlines
    - To those unfamiliar with canada the biggest barrier can be successful negotiations with first nations people since they use the land and if a mine f*s up, it impacts them directly. They have better protections than Australia.
    - The nunavut government despite this needs mining to pay it's bills and help people, so they are torn between 2 aspects
    - Storm is on crown land and not subject to this.
    - This means they are heavily motivated to see a successful AW1 because it won't bother anyone, but will bring in revenue

There's more to it and someone can add ontop of this, but this is why you have alignment from 3 seperate governments and I am not concerned in the slightest about permitting. There's a whole bunch of geopolitics with china and russia at play here as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $67.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 12.5¢ $107.0K 836.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 832500 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 302300 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.36pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.