AW1 13.6% 12.5¢ american west metals limited

AW1 General Chat, page-3633

1. 3,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1036
    There are acceptable/palatable reasons for 'selling' shares as a director, but only a few.

And usually, unless its a dead sh*t company, some commentary is offered by the company as to the reason(s).

At face value, he sold a significant number of shares (perhaps some of his free shares) for a price that was approaching the 12-month low (and below the share price at the time), in advance of important assay results being released to the market.

There is a reason that directors are required to issue these disclosures to the market - it's not unnecessary paperwork of no value. There are reasons why director are not able to buy and sell shares within a window around material announcements.

Directors are in a position to be - by law - the ultimate insiders. Is insider trading good for other market participants? Of course not.

I'm not being emotional at all - perhaps you are.

So I stand by my comment - not a good look.

Same with the company promising things that it does not end up delivering on.

Feel free to change direction if the circumstances warrant it - in the interests of the company - but explain why that change was made because people make investment decisions on what the company tells the market it intends to do.

This company could and should do better.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.015(13.6%)
Mkt cap ! $64.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 12.5¢ 11.0¢ $271.6K 2.252M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 168500 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 214849 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.