AW1 4.17% 12.5¢ american west metals limited

It would do readers well to read my twitter thread than listen...

1. 42 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    It would do readers well to read my twitter thread than listen to the comments of others about what I said. I post there more than I do here. Very sorry.

Yes, Ima saffa mining injuneer. It may interest you that we do two yrs of geology as part of our degree. I also worked for years building resource models for various clients, so I know a little bit more about geology than most. I am currently an exec for a PE polymetallic producer & have spent most of my 30 yr career in mine operations & project development.

So no, I'm not just the number crunching idiot you infer. biggrin.png

"Gainsmaster5000", I assume you have similar credentials to be able speak with such authority on these matters?
    Why don't you share with us your real name and what you do too, or would you prefer just to remain anon?

I agree with you though - Its an early stage project - I believe I stated that in one of my "many" twitter posts.

With this comes all the risk of any exploration project.

Seeing as we do agree on that--

why then is this Co. going on about ore sorting? Of course ore sorting works, but why are we talking about ore sorting at all if it is is an "early stage project?" I'll tell you why: Because of taking 8% Cu over 1.5m and "mixing it with 12.5m of 0.4% Cu when you're mining, you'll have almost 85% rubbish in your mill, that's why.

Its great for investor optics though. You're looking at 20, 30, 40m of "good ore"
    My opinion: 1% is not really that good because its not Australian open pit mining costs here & the SR is already high & the recoveries are unknown but will be really low (by mass) if ore sorters are used. That's my only real issue and its important because in Mining 101

Ore + Waste DOES NOT = More Ore. wink.png

Disingenuous to say otherwise. Perhaps someone from the Co would be better suited to explain to why they did this, instead of simply dismissing what I say as rubbish "jeremy8888"?

That said,

There are a couple of intersections which are close together enough to make potentially mineable packages of 5-10m, but that's it. I did the work, here it is.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5449/5449066-2c06376223e98459b108ea6478ab6817.jpg

If you think my cutoff is too high here it is with 1%: (I think 1% would be too low up there, unless it really was monster, which is it clearly not).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5449/5449069-9550c9ddf80095f7d6e7b6740669b167.jpg

We have only 7-9 composites that meet these criteria. Its okay, its not great, simply because of where it is. Everything is so much harder up there.

More drilling is RQD (as I said) and hopefully there'll be enough money to ultimately prove a 10-15Mt resource (a wild guess) in time.

thats the upside and I think I mentioned this too. They need to drill those geophysical anomalies and tell us what it is.

About ore sorting: I have worked at mines where these things have been installed, and they work okay in upgrading resources but you need to remember a couple of things:
    1) They work best on crushed, screened ore (80% >-20mm)
    2) They don't like fines. How much fines will there be in the feed material when it is mined? 15-25% will not be sorted.
    3) They only recover like 15-35% of the total feed mass. The product is great, but the overall recovery (low) is what is key, Not so much the concentrate grade.
    4) You'll be operating in the arctic. Not sure I have ever heard of one operating up there. Could be good or bad with frozen material. So introducing this relatively new tech at this early stage was exactly what I found to be disturbing, frankly.

Full disclosure: Not a troll. Just my humble opinion.
    I was asked by someone to look at this project and it was of interest to me to write about it. Use it - don't use it. No worries.
    No skin in the game, not gonna being buying either.

I hope they find the mother lode and you can call me a miserable skeptic. Ive been wrong before and not going anywhere so do call me out if I am.

Good luck!

Over and out.

Last edited by Blue_bull: 24/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.005(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $64.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.5¢ $333.1K 2.812M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 376038 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.