AW1 6.25% 11.3¢ american west metals limited

AW1 General Chat, page-828

1. 3,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1612
    I see Yellowknife in the North West Territories is a blaze with wild fires. Recently I saw terrible wild fires in Quebec around James Bay.

Both of these regions are significant current or emerging mining regions in Canada.

The impact of these events is shocking for the communities and very bad for productivity. Operations can be shut down for weeks or even months after wire burns through a region.

I'm afraid this is likely to become more common in these regions.

But on Somerset Island in Nunavut where vegetation is absent and the land basically barren with except to the vast copper bearing minerals and rocks wildfires will never ever be a thing.

Mining 24 hours a day over the summer periods will also reduce the impact of a dark winter. But the unusual thing about the snow is that drilling isn't a problem, moving drills is easy & getting supplies in is actually cheaper by car or skidoo instead of fly over the summer. One can drive across from Resolute in winter about 120km away in a little over an hour.. Ask Dave who has done it a few times.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AW1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.3¢
Change
-0.008(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $58.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 11.0¢ $66.17K 595.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 922116 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 721411 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.39pm 30/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AW1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.