CTP 0.00% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

awaiting the back lash, page-2

1. 3,084 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    colourofmoney wrote:
    "I am a long term investor of CTP , and have a right to be genuinely disappointed that the SP does not rise when the ASX 200 produces a 1.25% increase."

Are you genuinely happy when the SP doesn't sink when the ASX 200 produces a 1.25% fall?

"Had the SP risen considerably yesterday, then the acceptance of a retrace today would have been justifiable, the SP did not even maintain parity by close of day."

Yesterday saw an 11% rise, but you say that is not cosiderable - but you are worried about a 1.25% rise in the ASX - this seems contradictory to me. if 11% was not considerable, how is 1.25% significant?

And a legitimate question here, what do you mean by "the SP didn't maintain parity by close of day"? I don't understand.

You are entitled to concerns. I'm sure we all would have been happier to see it stronger both yesterday and today.

You say that the volume today was poor, and that the stock seems to have little backbone. Well, perhaps it could be suggest that since no one was prepared to sell for less than 14.5c that implies some strength (and the reverse I suppose it true - no one wanted to pay more than 15c, so that shows some resolve).

You claim that 99% of all posts seem to sugar-coat CTP disappointments. While there is a glossing over of some, I really don't think it's fair to claim it as that high. I would suggest it's more like 40% overly-positive, 20% overly-negative, 30% rubbish/irrelevant and 10% balanced and useful - but that's just ball-park guesses.

No, you don't get a thumbs down from me. They are reserved for off-topic posts, illegible posts, and blatantly false posts.

For my POV, I would love CTP to be stronger than it is at the moment, but I think management are doing the best they can be expected to do at the moment. I believe they are building a solid foundation for a big future. Yes, they could have done things differently, and perhaps be producing already. Perhaps if they hadn't signed any JVs then they would have gone ahead faster to drill a couple of little holes. But that is not there intent. With the huge acreage they have they need to keep an eye to the future and plan for the LONG TERM. And early December will come fast enough.

Colour, do you have any intention of selling before the wells are drilled? If you don't then how does the pre-drilling price matter? To me, failure would be if the drilling finds some reasonable results but the company is unable to capitalise them in a reasonable way.

Some have suggested that 5 months is too slow for 5 wells. I agree that it feels like a long time, but we are going over the silly season, which costs some time. We are spending almost half our money on them.

In any project there are 3 factors* : Cost, Quality and Time. But you can only have two of them...
    ie
    - you can have Fast and Cheap - quality suffers.
    - you can have Fast and High Quality - it's expensive.
    - you can have Cheap and High Quality - it takes time.

The third one is what, IMO, CTP is (and should be) aiming for. We want quality in the drilling, but we don't want to pay too much. The result is, it takes time.
    (* - not the ONLY factors to be considered, but these three always exist).

Remember too that for anything there is a minimum time that must elapse. There is really nothing CTP can do to reduce the time it will take to analyse the results of the drillings. We know that they could only find one rig available now. That means we can only drill one hole at a time.

Should the first couple of holes prove to be outstanding you will soon see more money available, allowing us to (somehow) find another rig, etc, and thereby shortening the time (where, using the previous principle, we will switch to Fast and High Quality by spending more money).

I'm sure we all have a side of us that says "faster faster". But I don't want faster to bring disaster.
    Remember too the axiom - failing to plan is planning to fail.

- Karl

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $20.01K 377.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 394141 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 65000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.47pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.