LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

Dr Mahathir's support of the rag-tag opposition to UMNO/NF was...

1. 913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1126
    Dr Mahathir's support of the rag-tag opposition to UMNO/NF was the key to changing Government in Malaysia. WIthout him, more of the "respectable folk" would have stuck with UMNO.

If DAP stabs the Doctor in the back, I'd wager DAP won't remain in Government very long. Anwar himself, though a Muslim Malay, must walk a fine line too - trying to collect voters for himself, without triggering more jail time for sodomy from the Malaysian version of the deep state.

When PAP existed in Malaysia, it was a modernising, officially non-racial (though ethnic Chinese dominated) party. The DAP claim PAP lineage, though obviously DAP suffer from a significant quality gap.

As Yeo's parents would certainly remember, it was an assertive PAP that triggered the Malaysian establishment to expel the city of Singapore from Malaysia back in the 1960s.

In KL the establishment said Lee Kwan Yew had "got too cocky". They said Chinese always "get too cocky" when they are allowed power - supposedly it's their downfall.

The status of the wealthy Chinese in Malaysia and Indonesia has been compared to Jews like the Warburgs in Kaiser Bill's Germany. They made big money, doing "dirty business" in a way useful to the elites, but could not challenge the status quo without serious blowback.

I'd suggest Yeo, and her gangster business family, perhaps got a touch too cocky, ignoring and undermining Dr M like they did. With the improved media reporting, and slightly more challenging words in Parliament, Yeo's subtly being put out on a limb over Lynas, and other issues.

Bumiputeras do not want their country to become a colony of China - it's a longstanding imperative that's shaped their politics for over 200 years.
    Last edited by Hedg: 11/07/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.