TOE 4.29% 33.5¢ toro energy limited

I think its this one announced by Obama( ABC news article...

1. 137 Posts.
    I think its this one announced by Obama( ABC news article online) today :

The Obama administration has issued loan guarantees to pave the way for the first new nuclear power plant to be built in the United States for almost 30 years.

President Barack Obama has been pushing nuclear power to help cut greenhouse gas emissions and today he has announced some important financial backing for a plan to build two new nuclear reactors in the state of Georgia.

"We are announcing roughly $US8 billion in loan guarantees to break ground on the first new nuclear plant in our country in three decades," he said.

The president says the US must not fall behind the rest of the world in nuclear power, pointing out 56 reactors are being built around the world, including 21 in China.

"Even though we've not broken ground on a... new nuclear power plant in 30 years, nuclear energy remains our largest source of fuel that produces no carbon emissions.

"To meet our growing energy needs and prevent the worst consequences of climate change, we'll need to increase our supply of nuclear power. It's that simple."

Mr Obama is pushing for a law that would cap greenhouse gas emissions from industry and expand the use of renewable fuel sources such as wind and solar.

The administration hopes that by reaching out to Republicans on the nuclear issue - a top priority for key opposition politicians such as former presidential candidate John McCain - support for the stalled bill will grow

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.5¢
Change
-0.015(4.29%)
Mkt cap ! $40.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.0¢ 35.0¢ 33.5¢ $12.97K 37.51K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1499 33.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.5¢ 2857 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.