AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

NIU....Interesting turn of events in the Argentina lithium space...

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    NIU....Interesting turn of events in the Argentina lithium space with the LAC deal. It appears that Ganfeng has purchased 75,000,000 shares for $9.6 million based on the terms (seeing how the balance of 'cash' would come with a 'project'). Since we know that SQM owns 50% of the LAC Argentina deal...LAC is selling off part (or all)of their 50% stake. Based on the fact that LAC has nothing more than mining leases for this triumvirate, it would appear that Ganfeng felt it was easier to buy into an ongoing permitted leasehold than starting from scratch with the Argentine government, who are making it more difficult for these new arrivals to procure leases. Sounds like a very political move by Ganfeng to enter the Argentine lithium market with SQM without actually making that deal. This makes Joe Lowry's pontifications a little more understandable. It would appear he was the messenger, or go between for LAC and these other players based on LAC's stock trajectory over the past few weeks. All in all the part that is a bit confusing is why both SQM and Ganfeng have chosen to basically buy 'options' on a non-existent operation (to essentially buy a mining leasehold)when they could have made an offer to buy into Orocobre who is actually producing ? I find it hard to believe that Richard Seville is oblivious to all of this maneuvering and investment by these companies. I guess my confusion comes with the real value of LAC and ORE. These guys are not stupid. Why do they feel that buying into a non-producing company...is a good investment? From the looks of it SQM owns 50% of the project, and now Ganfeng purportedly owns 20%, BCP thinks they own 20%....and LAC owns the rest? Is LAC just an investment vehicle for these companies now? Just curious what your take is on this deal or concept. Seems like these investors basically own the LAC operation. How does SQM, BCP, and Ganfeng fit together? And all the while ORE is being ignored?
    Last edited by nrcmedia: 23/01/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.