awu chiefs foul language threats at newman

1. 7,659 Posts.
    AWU chief Ben Swan resorts to foul language in threats against Premier Campbell Newman

A TRADE unionist has threatened to "take down" Queensland's premier over his government's cuts to public service jobs and workers' rights.

In a fiery address to the Australian Workers' Union National Conference on the Gold Coast on Wednesday, newly-elected Queensland branch secretary Ben Swan let loose over the Newman government's industrial relations policies.

"This is a premier that knows no bounds, but he is a premier that will be taken down," he told delegates.

"I can guarantee him that.

"I'm coming for you, Campbell. I'm not going to miss you, brother."

Mr Swan told union delegates: "I would return the favour to Newman on behalf of all public sector workers in this state by calling him for what he is, an arrogant and indifferent t--d.

A spokesman for Mr Newman said Mr Swan's comments were indicative of everything that is wrong with the ALP.

"They are the language of a drunken bar-room thug, not those of a holder of official office," he told AAP

The rest of the story is here:

http://www.news.com.au/national/awu-chief-ben-swan-resorts-to-foul-language-in-threats-against-premier-campbell-newman/story-fndo4ckr-1226582192661

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.