AXE 1.61% 30.5¢ archer materials limited

I hear what you say, Chingy, but I have to agree with Assailed...

1. 330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    I hear what you say, Chingy, but I have to agree with Assailed on this. We are heading back to the sub 9c range and are currently trading at 9.2c after bouncing off 9.0c this morning.

Most spec investors (especially those with exposure to the mining industry) understand that development of a mine takes time and is a long-term investment, particularly in the early days of a mine's lifecycle.

Management have a massive impact on market perception. I was loud in my assertions that we needed a CEO and was very happy that we got one that was graphene focused, but the problem is that he is so focused on the research and product improvement that the market is seeing no progress in actually having that improved product to put into the market.

I have just sold out at a loss in another graphite company that has HUGE potential but management are not showing the market what it wants to see. Long term potential is one thing, but without tangible progress it is simply a black hole you pour money into. By way of context, the money I withdrew from that company has already returned 10%. That is certainly more luck than brains on my part but makes it harder to hold AXE as it continues to flounder.

My investment into AXE was made at the same time as other investments in the new energy space (and was the biggest single investment in that space). Since then I have held on (with support from you guys) as it rose on progress news and fell on silence. In the meantime all of the other investments have proved positive.

My AXE investment is fast approaching the price per share that I bought into 3 or 4 years or more ago. In reality I have not only lost potential but lost real value. That money could have doubled (literally) in my other investments.

Unless the management team begin to show real progress toward generating an income rather than naval gazing and being the smartest guys in the room (and we know where that led Enron) we are up against it. The sale of the magnesite lease (at what I consider to be fire sale pricing) is an indicator that sole focus is on graphene to the total exclusion and devaluation of all else is an indicator of the future.

Looking at the lack of interest in this stock as exhibited by the low transaction volumes and the lack of engagement here (except for us poor few) I, again, feel like I am locked in. That is uncomfortable given the lack of evidence of the bright future I have been hoping for.

When is nothing too little ?
    Last edited by Ralphptf: 26/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $79.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.5¢ 30.5¢ 30.5¢ $1.891K 6.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1 31.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
31.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.00am 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.