AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

LOS RENEW CALL FOR EXPORT PERMIT(Honiara, Solomon Islands, 13th...

1. 380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    LOS RENEW CALL FOR EXPORT PERMIT(Honiara, Solomon Islands, 13th Nov 2019) The Bungusule Customary Landowner Trustees on San Jorge island in Isabel Province have renewed their call on the Minerals Board to issue an export permit to Axiom to enable the shipping operations to occur on its mining lease area to its customers abroad.A landowner trustee Spencer Bako said he and his fellow Bungusule customary landowner trustees are disgusted at the way the Mineral Board has repeatedly refused to grant their company Axiom an export permit without any lawful reason and the Attorney-General’s breaching of the court rules to respond to our legal suit in the High Court seeking a judicial review of the board’s decision.“We find it totally appalling for the Mineral’s Board to keep refusing our company an export permit based on so called requirements that is not at all stipulated in our Mining Act and when our company filed for a judicial review of the board’s decision in the High Court, the Attorney-General who also sits in the Minerals Board just did not show any respect to court processes by filing a response nor a defence within the normal legal time-frame of 14-days. This behaviour has led to further delays for our project to benefit us landowners,” Mr Bako emphasised.Mr Bako said: “It is obvious that the government is using delaying tactics to frustrate all stakeholders in this very significant project. It is offensive that the very people in the Ministry of Mines are trying to push yet another company on to us even though we have gone through a lengthy process to finally get a mining lease with Axiom last year. Besides this behaviour being against the law, it is frustrating to us landowners being treated like some animal.“I and my people of Bungusule land continue to deplore the delaying tactics by the government. We are part and parcel of Axiom since we ventured into this nickel mine project partnership since 2010. We will not accept this behaviour anymore and neither us landowners, nor Axiom will go away..Mr Bako said a clear message he wants to put across to the Minerals Board including the Attorney-General, and the Minister of Mines Bradley Tovosia is that the longer they delay the granting of an export permit to Axiom, the longer they will allow the people of Bungusule, Isabel Province and Solomon Islands from reaping the social and economic benefits from this project.“The delay is affecting our royalty payments, our jobs and other landowner benefits from the company. We need this for our school fee assistance, Christmas and scholarships and to engage in other income-generating opportunities. This is a huge slap on our faces and we demand an immediate end to the delaying tactic being played on us and give our company an export permit.“It is unbelievable that at the request of the Prime Minister to open our lands, which we did, that we are now being prevented from harvesting our land for our families and province.“We want the export permit and for these silly political games over my land to stop now. We have worked hard for this and we do not want this disrespectful behaviour to continue,” he reiterated.Ends///Source: Press Release.Caption: Spencer Bako.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.