AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

Having read the text, if anything the content suggests the judge...

1. 1,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 120
    Having read the text, if anything the content suggests the judge has already made up his mind especially with regard to the comments relating to the land title. Don't know about SI, but would be highly surprised to see such a statement by a judge following an adjournment since clearly prejudices the case as far as I can see. Further, there are many issues and appears the claimants have rolled a number of past issues up again using the current case as an opportunity to do so. Again, that smacks of going over the head of previous rulings that likely exist, and any outcome finding against higher court rulings in part would be a miscarriage. Currently my impression of the document is that Axiom is somewhat behind in the running, and I also strongly doubt SI would actually 'win'. Rather the feeling is Axiom would be prevented from being able to mine, the issue of ownership would shift to another venue/hearings, the questions arising from the various ministers will be raised in parliament with various negative outcomes, SI still won't be able to mine since the ruling will apply equally to any parties interested, and so on.
    As for an international tribunal, the feeling is that they'll make some kind of ruling indicating that perhaps Axiom does have certain rights, but I'm guessing they'll temper this with a statement as regards inconsistencies in the handling of land rights - rather than make a strong statement, they'll likely shift the responsibility back to the local courts by way of recommendation, and the end result will be that mentioned in my previous paragraph.
    All in all, the issue has nicely been transformed into an argument between various parties believing in themselves to be the rightful 'owners'. No international party will then want to rule either way, and based on the judges apparent prejudices, I'm not positive that either Axiom will win (not that it will lose either), nor that the case will be settled in the next 6 months. But neither will Sumitomo win, and the longer run result is nobody will take the risk to engage in mining or development if the mickey mouse antics of the SI continues..
    Sorry for the pessimism, but there's always hope. And if we do lose, the counsel for Axiom has a lot of explaining to do since the judges comments alude to some issues...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.