AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

Axiom meets with Gov't and Landowners, page-26

1. 9,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "The women and children who own the Bugusule land on San Jorge Island, Isabel Province, welcome any decision from the Government for an international tender so that a genuine company can be selected to mine the nickel deposit on our land.

"Now that Axiom has completed its prospecting period on Bugusule, we are yet to receive any payment from the prospecting activities done by the company on our land and we strongly object any decision for Axiom to conduct mining activities on our land...

"Note: In Isabel we practice matrilineal type of land ownership and I am writing this letter on behalf of women and girls in my clan who are unable to write or express themselves.

"Janet Tahi Voda Wong"

This letter worries me a lot, both the comment about matrilineal customary land ownership and the bad experience that they have had with Axiom. Her inference that Axiom is not a 'genuine' international company that comes through on its promises is fairly pointed.

If we listen to the company we are always told all land owners are onside. If we read court documents and various media releases and letters, it seems all land owners are not onside. Who is right?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.