AZJ 0.57% $3.50 aurizon holdings limited

Those who were AZJ SHs in 2017 will recall after how losing...

1. 10,764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1421
    Those who were AZJ SHs in 2017 will recall after how losing money, AZJ abandoned its intercapital intermodal (container) trains.
    I suspect this is temporary because Pacific National may not have sufficient crews, or less likely sufficient locomotives or wagons, but for the third consecutive week, AZJ is operating an Adelaide - Perth (Kewdale) and return intermodal train across the Nullarbor.

The return working, numbered as train 7PA1 ('7' for Australian Rail Track Corporation purposes means Saturday, not Sunday, 'P' is Perth, 'A' is Adelaide and '1' is the individual train number) passed through Zanthus, Western Australia, about 200 kilometres east of Kalgoorlie WA at 2112 hours on Sunday 4 Decvember 2022.

I understand it is conveying containers for large transport concerns Linfox and Toll (neither of which are ASX-listed). I'd love to know if it also has LAU railable containers on some of the wagons.

The intermodal trains across the desert to Perth from Melbourne and Sydney (the latter still diverting via Melbourne and Adelaide due to flooding at Condobolin and Euabalong West on the Broken Hill line) are very busy which is to be expected as supermarkets and other retailers finalise stock for the pre-Christmas peak, and in the case of non-food, Boxing Day and New Year's sales.

Interesting that despite continuing extensive rail-based grain movements to ports in WA that AZJ has sufficinet drivers available for these weekly intermodal trains.

Last edited by Hopeful9: 04/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZJ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.