AZL 0.00% 1.4¢ arizona lithium limited

AZL Chart, page-314

1. 4,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3856
    Just today on another thread someone asked me a question - it was mainly around why I write daily movements, and that too on threads that I have said I am long. Also thinking I am doing day trading, buying and trying to see if I can sell at 5-10% gain next day.
    Here is my reply - maybe it will give more context why I do my daily notes.
    As I have said before, I set aside some stocks which I don't trade at all, something I call my long stocks. Roughly its 50%. Rest 50%, I do what I call short term trades or trading stocks. This is for overall portfolio.
    Usually I don't do day trading, unless market is very unpredictable and I don't want to hold. Like in June, I was 50% cash as I had sold my trading stocks when the down turn happened.
    My trading stocks I am looking for 30 to 40% gains. Usually I will hold for 4 to 6 weeks for that to happen. If it does not happen, I will exit and rotate. If market is looking bad, I will sell and hold cash and maybe day trade. But sometimes in good times it can be much shorter. Eg I was lucky to pick up bottom of June, and in very early rise in last week of June, I bought nearly from all of my cash. Market was very good. There were some stocks that I am on third leg already, having sold twice with decent gains, such has been the market. But this third leg is first time a real test has come. I will see how market behaves. Depending on that I may continue to hold for another few weeks to realise my 30-40%, or if market looks bad, I sell and wait. For me every day is important, not because I want to sell next day, but to decide whether to continue to hold. So my notes for each day is about that - is the market looking all right and I continue to hold or go on sideline with my trading stocks. When I sell, I mention that too. Either my profit has been realised, or I want to be on sideline.
    Also, roughly 50% of my portfolio is long stocks and rest 50% trading stocks. Where I hold long stocks, eg AZL, roughly two-thirds, or say 65% of my stocks are long - I don't do any short term trades on that. Rest 35%, I will do short-term trades. So 35% of AZL I will buy and then sell on 30-40% profit if it reaches there. Then again buy and again try for short-term trade on that 35% - so its a cycle. Since I am also doing short-term trades on a portion of my AZL shares, I write here on the chart thread.
    Hope it makes sense, I know sometimes daily dribble could not make much sense. But if you think daily I am thinking for my trading stocks, whether to continue to hold for my margin of 30-40% or exit because market is looking bad, it may make sense. All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $62.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.5¢ 1.4¢ $12.06K 858.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 5116903 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 2090516 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.