AZL 5.26% 1.8¢ arizona lithium limited

AZL Daily Report, page-548

1. 4,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3749
    Is the bottom in?
    Yes, AZL lost another pip to finish on 1.8, on a decent volume of over 17m shares traded.
    So have we reached the bottom or more to go? Difficult to say. Li macro sentiment is at its lowest. This week is notorious for June tax transactions. So overall most Li stocks looking very weak. Many thought that we may have made yearly lows in early Feb this year. But it was not to be. More than half of Li stocks I track have breached the Feb lows. AZL made a low of 1.9 in Feb. Today touched 1.7. So we need something to change. But at this stage the sentiment is so poor that many don't know where it will come from. But its not unusual to see the bottom happening when the sentiment is weakest. So lets see if that logic applies now to the sector.
    Personally I had written I had let go a fair few of my shares in mid 2s as I was thinking of this weakness. Also because of June tax play. Nearly all my stocks I played like that. I had a number in mind where I may buy - on weakness. I was thinking 1.9 may get breached. So I was looking for a play between 1.6 to 1.8. I don't know where the bottom is, so have started buying. Picked up some at 1.8 today. Was in queue at 1.7 but it did not get hit. So lets see.
    So what may happen tomorrow? A very big surprise today from China. Most Li stocks rose 7 to 8% - one of the biggest jump of recent times. Why is that? Not sure at this stage. Whether sentiment is turning, or as they say - a dead cat bounce. Ganfeng rose 7.5% today. Seasonally, this is a time when stocks can bottom, based on earlier years. But the sell off in the sector has been relentless. To the point many are just getting out, now for several months. Even though Ganfeng rose 7.5% today, its still down 2.5% for last 5 days. So the sector has to do a lot of catch up before sentiment may return. But there is hope now. If US markets follow China, very good chance for ALB to get back into 3 figures, over 100. Hopeful ASX June tax sell transactions are done as well, I think or very close. So a very hopeful day coming up soon. We need a follow thru, at least 3 good days, or not falling, that will certainly bring in some into the sector. Lets hope it plays out that way. All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.8¢
Change
-0.001(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $80.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.7¢ $237.9K 13.22M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 1440797 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 2008049 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.