AZL 4.00% 2.6¢ arizona lithium limited

And stocks back to yesterdayYes AZL lost 4 pips to finish on...

1. 4,036 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3520
    And stocks back to yesterday

Yes AZL lost 4 pips to finish on 8.7c. Our volume considerably less than other days, just around 15.5m shares traded.

ASX Li stocks were in decline along with the general market. Of the 43 stocks that I track, average decline was 1.5%. So we lost the gains from yesterday. After 2 greens we are back to red.

Overnight US Li stocks were also in decline. The ETF of LIT gained around half percent. But a number of other US Li stocks lost around 2 to 3%.

What next -

We had a strange night in US markets, though not unusual based on recent trading.

I had mentioned that Futures were up 200 points in the morning and Bitcoin over 20k. By evening there was complete turnaround by the time markets opened. Futures were down close to 1%, Bitcoin was back to 19k and Europe markets were over 2% down.

The quite familiar wild jungle dance of US indices started. Very soon the indices were tanking. At one stage DOW was down around 750 points and similar for other indices. It looked like a capitulation which bears had been calling for has arrived. But after few hours indices started crawling back. There was no specific reason.

Maybe indices player had made enough on shorting and wanted to go long. So in a strange night, DOW got back over 610 points to finish just around 130 points down. SP 500 was marginally in green. And Nasdaq did a total 360 turn and finished nearly 2% in front.

Yesterday I had said that there is 50/50 chance of either sideways or big green. I said it might not be a big red. When I had checked in the night, it was deep red and buried. When I woke up in the morning, it ended up nearly same as I had called. With slight drop in DOW and big green in Nasdaq - it was in the ball game of what I had written. Very strange night.

I had said yesterday that I had bought and kept stocks for first time. I had only put 25% of my funds but still it was first time I was holding good amount of my trading stocks overnight. I was hoping for a good US night and then a good ASX today. As has been happening, the markets as well as luck is also eluding me. I had bought this for short term, expecting a bounce. Long term I will wait for CPI figure, earning season reports and interest rate rise. In the morning I was in a dilemma - should I sell or hold. Frankly I didn't know what to do. I knew the markets will have slight decline today but there may not be a sell off. Should I hold for another or let my short term play go. I knew I won't be in a loss as had bought yesterday morning so had some buffer. After much indecision I decided to hold - to play for another day. Not sure if it was the right decision, because if US markets tank tonight, my slight gain can turn into some loss (hopefully not much) if I have to exit tomorrow. Lets see.

What will happen tonight? Very unpredictable. As I have mentioned US indices are doing wild swings. Yesterday for DOW it was nearly 1300 points - Yes that much swings are happening intra day - 4 to 5%. I am really not getting an inkling of what will happen tonight. At this stage US futures are down around half percent. Asian markets were down a good number. Bitcoin is hovering around 20k. Volatility index VIX is around 27.5. So at this stage its not looking good. But US markets love to surprise. It surprised us yesterday. So we can only hope that this time they surprise us in the green side. Lets see if it turns out that way. All the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.001(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $99.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.4¢ $67.08K 2.685M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
30 4784858 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 2637301 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.5¢
  Change
0.001 ( 2.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.4¢ 3645975
Last updated 15.59pm 28/03/2024 ?
AZL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.