AZL 6.67% 1.6¢ arizona lithium limited

AZL General Discussion, page-11450

1. 4,474 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3820
    Powell spooking up resource punters

Yes AZL lost 1 pip to finish on 8.8c. Our volume was comparatively lower, just over 21m shares traded.

ASX Li stocks were very tentative. Of the 54 stocks that I track, there was no gain or loss, though roughly half the stocks had small declines.

Overnight US Li stocks did better than us. Most stocks were in green but not a big one, and some finished in red.

What next -

Yesterday I had mentioned that US indices may give us a big green, average around 1.5%. Once again what I thought came out like that. ASX too was in big green, but dropped a good portion towards the end, finish around 0.8%, roughly half of US. But resources that I follow, both in US and here were not buying that. They were very tentative, most likely waiting to see what Powell speaks.

Regarding the indicators that I follow, SP 500 made a good gain and is now around 4200. Just 3% away from magical figure of 4325 - 200 day moving average - a cross and hold of this may confirm a bull run. Other indicator, Volatility index VIX is also tracking well. It fell from 22.82 to 21.78 - another decent fall, but above the level we want which is 20.

Personally, nothing major for today, just rotating some stocks and am still holding. There is a big risk if Powell speaks something which the market does not like, but I decided to take some risk. Mainly because SP 500 is playing till now as was expected, a fall of 1 to 3% from last Friday, and then recovering. But all this may not count when an incident is involved - Powell speaking.

So what will happen tonight? US Futures in slight red, as may be expected after a big green. Asian markets largely green, but subdued, average half percent. Volatility index at 21.78 and trending down for last 2 days. Cryptos are in slight worry. after making some good gains yesterday, they have given up those gains. Bitcoin hovering around 21.5k - so very tentative as can be expected. Powell to speak at 10AM, market opens at 930. There is a good chance markets will open tentative, likely a small red. After that its a toss. We can only hope. Will Powell at least stay neutral if not positive? Lets hope so. enjoy your weekend and all the best.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
0.001(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $71.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.6¢ 1.5¢ $22.09K 1.446M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
54 10708067 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 8879237 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.