AZL 5.56% 1.9¢ arizona lithium limited

I believe the two projects are related at the macro level - the...

1. 1,313 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 718
    I believe the two projects are related at the macro level - the US wanting and needing to move away from China supply chains and build their own lithium industry that includes and starts with mining. You can't really control your EV destiny and supply chain without also controlling the mining of lithium. I am equally certain there is building pressure on the Biden administration and Deb Haaland as Secretary of the Interior and the boss of BLM to speed up approvals and get some permitting reform underway. Haaland was in Phoenix over the week-end and I wouldn't be surprised if she's well aware of AZL and the hold-ups and is working behind the scenes with her officials.

But I agree with you and others the two projects are substantially different with a number of separate issues. Finding local employment for Native Americans is something both projects share and each will be keen to address this as much as they can. Trump approved the LAC application as he was walking out the door in January 2020 and today's decision gives a tick to that decision - don't think that this doesn't now put more political pressure on the current administration to do something similar and kick the lithium mining industry along. We haven't seen any of the big federal infrastructure and energy grants go to lithium miners as yet -- they've gone down the supply chain to processors and manufactures -- and the court's decision today may start to change this. Overall, the decision today is a big milestone in my view. INMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $85.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.9¢ 1.7¢ $110.8K 6.168M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17306 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 2495978 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.