AZL 5.56% 1.7¢ arizona lithium limited

AZL General Discussion, page-18793

1. 221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80

NOT SURE HOW TRUE IS BELOW ARTICLE?? IF ANYONE HAS MORE INFO. ON THIS….

Chinese investors are investing heavily in Australian lithium miner Arizona Lithium (ASX: AZL), as they look to secure access to the critical metal, which is used in batteries for electric vehicles.

In September 2023, Chinese battery giant CATL announced a $100 million investment in AZL, giving it a 20% stake in the company. This investment was followed by a $50 million investment from Chinese state-owned investment firm CITIC Group in October 2023.

The investments from Chinese companies are a sign of the growing importance of lithium to the global economy. Lithium is a key component in batteries for electric vehicles, which are becoming increasingly popular as the world transitions to a clean energy future.

China is the world's largest producer of lithium-ion batteries, and it is also the world's largest consumer of electric vehicles. As a result, Chinese companies are eager to secure access to lithium supplies, and they are willing to invest heavily in lithium miners like AZL.

The investments from Chinese companies are good news for AZL and its shareholders. The company is developing a lithium mine in Arizona, and it plans to start production in 2024. The investments from Chinese companies will help AZL to fund the development of its mine and to bring it into production on schedule.

The investments from Chinese companies are also good news for the Australian economy. The lithium mining industry is a growing sector of the Australian economy, and it is expected to create thousands of jobs in the coming years. The investments from Chinese companies will help to boost the Australian economy and create jobs for Australians.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.