AZS 0.00% $3.69 azure minerals limited

Pilbara Minerals is the most shorted stock on the ASX so their...

1. 30,333 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1837

Pilbara Minerals is the most shorted stock on the ASX so their position with AZS may be a defensive hedge rather than trying to get a strategic stake.

Market Index has them at nearly 20% of their stock being shorted. Ouch!

AFR notes the lack of options to short lithium, making PLS the most liquid and pure play form of exposure: “There appears to be a component of the market that wants to short lithium pricing and given that there’s no available mechanism to do that, they have gravitated, ....to Pilbara as a proxy for the lithium market because of our scale, pure play exposure and our liquidity,” said Chief Executive Dale Henderson. So AZS is seen as a safe place to park money by a Li company under attack.

Market Index asks:

"Will we one day see a major turnaround for lithium markets and an almighty squeeze for Pilbara Minerals?"

Either way I don't mind because it shores up AZS as a safe bet.

Meanwhile PLS is up 4% today.

Interesting times!

PS watch Money of Mine YouTube video on Mr Lithium Lowry on why Li pricing is a furphy! It's a chemical product and the pricing is depressed due to lack of demand for Chinese Li and inferior sources. AZS Li is the bee's knees in contrast.
    Last edited by dolcevita: 15/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.