KAR 2.81% $1.83 karoon energy ltd

b#1 seis

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3828
    While the necessary top section at Boreas#1 gets drilled, thought I'd post the Boreas#1 seismic section & what lies beneath. The section first appeared in KAR's Oct'11 preso (slide #10), my thoughts on that below.

Boreas#1 lies 2.8 kms NE of P#2 & 4kms Sth of P#1, in WA-315P.

It is targetting the Plover sand package situated between 2 adjacent faults, & is most likely drilled closer to the crest of the structure.

There appears 2b a decent thickness of Cretaceous formation (seal) above the 'Jcal' (Plover top shown by the magenta line) as each formation has its typical seismic marker in the Browse basin.

Just below the Plover top (or 'Jcal' marker) is a 'flatspot event' picked on the seismics, which IMHO denotes the 'Plover sand package' aka the reservoir. Will b interesting to see how thick this turns out to be. Note that at P#1, the Plover started from 4795m till TD & they didnot drill at the crest.

Another unknown that needs 2b tested at B#1 is the gas-water contact & where it comes in.

So, a successful test at B#1 should b a game changer, given that COP were ready to test these sands at P#1 despite the initial stuff up with the 'fish' (MDT logging tool) which was tagged & pushed to the bottom to isolate the upper sands for production testing.

Then, while running the expandable 5" liner, the 'liner hanger' stuffed up, thus making it a mechanically stuffed hole.

There's isn't much more room to improvise in a 5" diameter section thereafter, hence the executive decision to call it stumps (or P&A). The mkt & the bot jockeys took these 3 events at P#1 as a negative (fishing, hanger issue, P&A).

So, should B#1's reservoir properties, high net to gross pay etc match that of P#1, then things should be different this time around.

Thats about it for now, the fun begins after they finish drilling the 8.5" section & set the 7" liner to drill thro' the 'pay zone'.

Just my thoughts for now. More later, when they drill past 4700m. Until then, safe drilling.

Photobucket

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.83
Change
0.050(2.81%)
Mkt cap ! $1.466B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.80 $1.84 $1.79 $8.392M 4.606M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6282 $1.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.83 79500 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.