IMU 2.17% 7.1¢ imugene limited

Hi SupertrampIt's speculative, of course, but I am inclined to...

1. 2,861 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11809
    Hi Supertramp

It's speculative, of course, but I am inclined to agree with you.

Chemotherapy is brutal, toxic, causes systemic harm and it is impossible to achieve true precision targeting. Chemo has certainly improved over time but I do believe that immunotherapy will eventually replace it - possibly quite soon. The solutions will vary from cancer type to cancer type and will generally involve combination therapies, but I see the day coming when Chemo is NOT included in those combinations.

CF33 sure does look incredibly exciting in that regard. As you say, the in vitro and mouse model results are amazing.

I'm sure you will have read this already, Super, but for people who are new to Imugene I highly recommend this article from the City of Hope website as a short and very clear explanation of the astonishing results CF33 achieved in combination with a PD1 checkpoint inhibitor in mice:
    https://www.cityofhope.org/news/cancer-killing-virus-helps-eliminate-colon-cancer

The CF33 made the anti PD1 more effective and the added benefit of the immune memory outcome is particularly impressive: "animals cured of their cancer were effectively immune to future tumor growth."

I also think this feature will make CF33 a winner: "CF33 virus may be tracked by non-invasive PET scanning. “If we can perfect the technique, we can give someone a viral injection and watch it work – see where it goes and identify cancer cells that we didn’t even know existed,” Warner said. “Doctors would have real-time data and know if we should give a patient a higher dose or where to direct the treatment based on tumors that have not yet been killed.”

You can see why Leslie Chong gets so excited when she talks about CF33, and when it comes to combinations we have our very own B cell anti PD1 drug, with early indications from the Phase 1 trial that PD1-vaxx may be superior to the market leading anti PD1 products.

It's been a long hard road for Imugene, but 2021 looks like the harvest year to me.

Cheers

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.002(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $519.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.1¢ 6.8¢ $584.4K 8.442M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 586820 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.1¢ 2493210 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.12am 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.0¢
  Change
0.002 ( 1.16 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.9¢ 7.1¢ 6.8¢ 4967000
Last updated 11.30am 21/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.