LAF lafayette mining limited

re: substantial shareholder - sabretooth SabreSince you're...

1. 2,538 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    re: substantial shareholder - sabretooth Sabre

Since you're asking a serious question - i'll have stab at filling you in on LAF.

LAF is a gold, copper, zinc and silver producer. End of last year, all was going well with the successful commissioning of the gold processing plant. As part of the switch from gold to base metals commissioning, they stopped production, which is normal.

The issues that have caused where we are today.. 2 water spillages from their tailings dam. The first was a controlled release authorised by the relevant powers that be and no damage. The second, was an uncontrolled overflow of a few cubic metres of waste water whereby this water was post cyanide treatment, which means it was not concentrated. So the anti-mining groups (the religous bishops) started jumping up and down, reporting tragic levels of fish kills (i think they struggled to fill a plastic bag), dead dugongs started showing up (found to be beaten to death), and accussations of Mercury contanimation (by an operation that doesn't use Mercury).

So with all this in mind and a fragile government not wanting to be another coup target, gave the bishops the time of day (actually months), and suspended operations until certain conditions were met. I believe all of these are, mostly red tape.

The fundamentals of this project are no different, actually they are far better. The substantial shareholders are sticking by them also. Government, although showing some sort of support to the anti-mining groups know how important this project is, they won't let it slip.

Expect announcement by the end of next week at the latest regarding recommissioning.

That's about it really.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LAF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.