Baby Boomers - it's all your fault!!!, page-131

1. 10,397 Posts.
    Interesting thread, apparently started by some young pup who apparently loathes his own parents, assuming they are/were dreaded Baby Boomers.

Even more interesting is that the other young pups on here who agree that the BBgeneration owe them a living - mercifully only a few - bob up frequently on HC with left wing political views. Coincidence maybe? I think not.

As a BB myself with a few young adult/teen children, my wife and I tok great pains to teach them that nobody owes them anything, and to have the skills to fish themselves rather than have your hand out looking for free fish from the government - or the previous generation as some on here would have it.

As a result, none of our children are deadbeats, they don't think there is such a thing as a free lunch and they have developed self sufficiency. I suspect they will grow up to be dreaded "Conservatives" ie those who produce wealth, not consume it.

I am grateful my wife and I were not landed with offspring with the ingratitude of a few upstarts who have posted here. Methinks their real beef should be NOT with the whole preceding generation,but only their own parents who are responsible for how their kids developed and appear to have dropped the ball.

Let me say that I know plenty of teensand young adults and most are very fine young people - I feel very confident handing over the baton to the next generation. Of coursethey, in turn, will have to deal with others who have a handout mentality in years ahead. As for BB's having it "easy", as a few claim, maybe if their parents were rich. The rest of us who started with nothing, worked and studied hard, made sacrifices for ourselves and our children to get where we are today, have nothing to apologise for - certainly not to youngsters with a "gimme" mentality. Maaybe they could just give it a go themselves..........

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.