ASX 1.46% $57.55 asx limited

Spot on Dogma its a senseless argument. I am currently seeking a...

1. 596 Posts.
    Spot on Dogma its a senseless argument. I am currently seeking a nursing home situation for my 87 year old mother in law. She has hung out in the family home by herself for all this time but is now experiencing extreme difficulty in performing basic daily functions. She recently attempted to go to hospital to get pain relief but they turned her away as would be expected (hospitals have enough problems looking after the sick and wounded let alone the elderly).

So she came to the conclusion, out of necessity, that she needed to consider moving. Some might suggest that she simply moves in with the kids but this would be difficult for everyone and destructive on relationships. Quite simply the elderly need professional and constant care in a proper caring environment.

So we got an ACAT assessment and put her name down. Of course there is a waiting list. But one came up and it was akin to a cell in the county jail. No way were we going to commit her to that.

And that is the issue... the nursing and care industry is making serious returns on these facilities but they need to be well thought out. Attention to making them homely and welcoming is the real issue.

We found a new facility which provides that, but once again the wait list is enormous. Imagine the wait when the Baby Boomers all hit the wall!! Oh yea by which time they really have no say, as constant care will be essential.

So I don't really understand the point of the thread now, but happy to share our experience with you all :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$57.55
Change
-0.850(1.46%)
Mkt cap ! $11.15B
Open High Low Value Volume
$58.20 $58.28 $57.26 $27.52M 477.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 891 $57.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$57.66 1594 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.