PRC 0.00% 61.0¢ pike river coal limited

"This makes me think that most of the shares are held by the big...

1. 8,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    "This makes me think that most of the shares are held by the big institutions"
    Bernard99 !
    First: nice to know that we are not alone on this thread. Some good posters surfaced with comments in last couple of days.

Second: As for your comment above I am not so sure about that.
    As I guess you know the biggest PRC shareholder is actually NZOG with just under 30% these days.

(Now the interesting thing was that search as I may I could not find a list of the 20 biggest shareholders. I could find reference to NZOG having so many shares and that represented 29.1% of the company but many of the charts just indicated that 67.something% was held by "other shareholders" and there was another small percent to some other group or whatever)

Nowhere in recent information could I find any indication of the percentage owned by the two Indian companies. I know I have read it somewhere in earlier information.

I did find one comment that indicated that the combined shareholding of NZOG and Saurashtra World Holdings and Gujarat NRE Coke Ltd amounted to 48.8%.

Now I have a hazy recollection that Saurashstra has about 12% and Gujarat about 8%.

I don't think that there are large holding held by any instos because those three above are the largest shareholdings to the best of my knowledge.

NZOG has made it clear a number of times that it does not see its involvement with PRC as a long term thing because it is not its core business. So at some stage NZOG will want to sell its shareholding.
    But that is not going to be tomorrow. NZOG will want to see PRC up and running without any more hiccups or teething problems and on the way upwards strongly in production and share price before it contemplates any approaches to sell.

So can't see any danger of a dump of shares from some disgruntled or under pressure large holder. IMHO of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.