PRC 0.00% 61.0¢ pike river coal limited

Not a problem onyx. Happy to help out as best I can.Don't think...

1. 8,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    Not a problem onyx. Happy to help out as best I can.

Don't think I mentioned in that explanation that the other alternative (or option) that you have is that you can sell all or some of your options at anytime from now up to the expiry date.

So you can sell some and keep the rest to convert or whatever.

The thing is that if you were going to sell all or some of your Options then you would want to get the best price you could for them.

Obviously now is not the best time.
    REASON :
    The main head share has just dropped down below NZ$1.00 so the Options will have dropped back as well.

My guess would be that once the teething troubles are seen to be over and PRC is starting to produce at a credible rate then the head share price will lift back up.

So by about early 2010 we should see the share price building again as the worry about problems dissipates.

If the head shares build up above NZ$1.25 then the Options will climb as well. The two things are related.

The other thing about Options that you have to keep an eye out for is that if the head share is struggling to get above the "trigger price" (in this case NZ$1.25) and the expiry date for the Options is getting closer then the price of the Options on the market will decline. There will be an expectation that they are not going to be in the money. In other words that there will be no advantage holding Options because the trigger price will be above the head share price so there will be no sense converting the Options. (You might as well buy head shares at a cheaper price)
    So the price of Options on the market will decline down towards zero the closer you get to expiry date

Just another little issue to bear in mind there. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.