AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

bacchus marsh report

1. 2,445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Evening all,
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words so lets see.
    Just got back into Syd and thought i would share my findings with fellow MNM loyals/Holders about what i found when i spent 2 days visiting Bacchus Marsh this long weekend and also the feedback i gathered, I must say it was a extremely helpful excercise and has given me a insight into the project that i never had,

I left SouthBank on Australia day and headed on the Western Freeway in the direction of Bacchus Marsh, The First important thing i noticed was the easy to get there, Freeway the whole way doing 100km/h all i could think when i was driving there was trucks filled with coal could get around quite easy.Also importantly probably no less that 10km from the CBD does the local environment change and you start getting into bushland and countryside with nothing really around. a few pics below, pardon the qualtiy, doing 110km/h and taking snaps is not easy

When i finally drove to my destination i was kind of a little shocked, as this was a peaceful small town shops open and decent flow of people going through it, i thought i was in the wrong area, Surely this is not where MNM is planning to mine i thought to myself, continuing further to my absolute shock i saw farms as far as the eye can see, i mean well establised farms both sides of the roads and it seemed to go on forever, Then all of a sudden i get this sick feeling re my investment im thinking MNM has no chance of winning these people over.

So i then decided to dig a little deeper and focus on the area around our tenemants and the maddingley coal mine,
    now we are talking a area no more than 5 minutes away by car and still in BM,
    Then thats where we day started to get better :)
    it was TOTAL OPPOSITE!!.....
    Nothing, no farms no people, no life nothing, if i did not see it with my own eyes i would not believe the difference in such a small distance.

Below is a old abanonded Warehouse, i saw a number there

Then as far as the eye can see................. NOTHING.

Heading up to Maddingley you are in awe of the magnitude of the size of the mine, i took me forever just to drive around it

There are to many pics to put in this report,

Below is a photo of the Aerodrome, its important as MNM has been drilling around this area, i must admit i saw 1 property there near the Air strip that i can only Assume was Ms Tubbs as it had horses, saying that i did not see any other property like this up in that area, Again look at the background in the picture and you will see nothing of importance grown or established there.

For Kilometers and Kilometers on end the land is like the pics below..... Nothing

In my Time there i spoke to many locals re MNM and the BM project, some people had heard of it, others had no idea, i thought it would be best to see if i could get the opinion of the older people in the community as well,
    i went down and spoke to
    Locals in the City
    Information Booths in BM
    Farmers at the Farms
    and also just your local service station owners/workers.
    The opinion from most people was...
    If it doesnt affect me im not worried. and to be totally honest i do not see how it possible can affect the locals in the near future,
    the Farmers on the other hands..... they are going crazy and say they will do anything/ everything to make sure the mine doesnt get established. i did not try to reason with these guys and i wanted to hear both sides so i just shut up and took in what they had to say.
    Now,
    Relating to MNM and the BM tenemants.....
    Well MNM would not need to go near the farmers for the next 30years!!!!!!. The amount of coal they have acquired can keep these farmers working along with no distruption for a very long time, this is extremely important as MNM will be able to prove to both locals and fed gov that it is the real deal in the meantime and by the time they need the land i am sure it will be handed to them.

I was surprised by the 2 older guys in the information booth who knew MNM... that MNM was a WA company and that it was trying to make a BCE product. Again these guys told me let them do what they want pretty much as long as it doesnt affect us, i explained it will affect them and their city..... but in a very very good way. Jobs and Money and actualy influx of people can only be a good thing.
    Again going back to BM, around Maddingley and the importance of the EXISTING coal mine, now Vertigo and Hardman have touched on this in the past, but the fact that there is a Huge exisiting Mine already there and its part of the day to day life of the locals again will show that if/when mnm starts to mine it will just be the norm for the locals, bear in mind that the mining area has nothing there at all (As previous pics show) and to be honest in my number of hours i spent up there i only encountered 4 or 5 other cars on the dirt roads.
    Re location. The Location is a easy 1 to get to and geographically is quite neutral for Melb, The Ports are not to far and the rail line is right next to the mine, Everything seems to be pretty much set up.

In Conclusion:
    I discovered that what i believed to be a decent project is a Monster project, the tenemants and the size of Maddingley are amazing and need to be seen in person to fathom the true scale,
    Locals seem ok and was a major concern of mine, but understandingly Farmers are going crazy,
    Ms Tubbs is a idiot as there are NO OTHER horses up there or houses for that matter,
    The area to be mined is almost like desert so you would not expect much resistance i guess IF farmers got garenutees re the Farms.
    Infrastructure very close and also upgrading.

IMHO,
    We are at the doorstep of something huge,if the Gov has any kind of idea it will see that MNM/Exergen and develop this useless into something special.for that reason my sentiment is a buy.

p.s
    got heaps more pics and for those interested drop me a email ill pass along, the more people that find out about MNM...... the better.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.