Late 1970's went on holidays with mates to Qld. I was 16. Had a...

1. 199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Late 1970's went on holidays with mates to Qld. I was 16. Had a great night at the Playroom and people I was with drove home pretty smashed. 2 cars passing each other on the Gold Coast Hwy at greater speed and tooting their horns every time they passed each other. All of a sudden there was a car passing us making a huge noise. Coppers. Our mates were in front of us and did a runner on the cops. Chased with all lights and sirens blaring. Got caught and fined. Driver pretty tanked. We pulled into a side street and had another beer. After 30 minutes we thought what the hay, lets go home. On to the Hwy and straight away we got pulled over. The copper said to the driver, "you are drunk". He said F..... oath. Copper then said, who else in this car has a licence. The passenger did. So we drove home under instructions from the copper for the passenger to drive even though he was more tanked than the driver. What was bloody funny, my brother who was the driver of the car I was in got fined more because he had air horns that the driver of the other car which did a runner from the cops. Times have changed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.