NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

back in nkwe platinum, page-26

1. 2,755 Posts.
    Hi Manjapra

Knowing there is a large Indian community is South Africa I've sort of hoped your a South African national that could give us more of a insight.

From my research a mining right can not be given before a EIR and EMP are approved. As for your comment about if these are needed the earliest the DMR can give a right is September if you have a link for this time frame I would be interested in having a look. According to the quarterly both have been submitted to the DMR and from reading government legislation there appears to be no applicable time frame from when the application is received to being approved or denied only that the DMR have to reply in writing to the applicant within thirty days of decision being reached. So in theory they could decide tomorrow and send a letter the next day or never reach a decision and don't have to notify you, crazy.

As far as a mining right being a prerequisite for a final decision on a joint venture is just pure speculation on my part because of the past history of the DMR with regards to not approving new mining rights or prospecting rights, remember this is how Anglo lost the farms in the first place, also that a lot of joint ventures have the wording "upon Government regulatory approval" attached. Talking about mining approval, since Hoepakrantz is pat of the mining application this will trigger at least some of the $50 million owed to International petroleum to be paid, now why would Nkwe wish to trigger this without knowing they will have the means to pay?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.