AVM 0.00% 2.6¢ advance metals limited

Good news.Published Canadian timeNewsWire 19/10/2004 Anvil...

1. 301 Posts.
    Good news.

Published Canadian time

NewsWire
    19/10/2004
    Anvil Mining to resume operations at Dikulushi Mine, DRC;
    Canada NewsWire

Anvil Mining Limited (TSX, ASX: AVM) advises that the situation in the village of Kilwa, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), located 54 kilometres south of the Company's Dikulushi Mine was returned to normal on Saturday October 16, 2004.

Furthermore, the conflict reported in the Company's News Release of October 15, 2004 did not move beyond Kilwa.

Anvil began remobilizing personnel back to the mine yesterday (October 17) via the airstrip at Kilwa and anticipates that operations will resume by tomorrow (October 19). The Company is in consultation with the Government of the DRC to provide additional security for the mine so that, should such incidents occur again, the Company would be able to continue operations.

Anvil Mining Limited is an unhedged copper and silver producer whose shares are listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the Australian Stock Exchange under the symbol AVM. It owns and operates the Dikulushi copper-silver mine in the Katanga Province of the DRC, which it brought into production in October 2002. For the last financial year, the Dikulushi Mine produced 13 587 tonnes (29.95 million pounds) of copper and 1.2 million ounces of silver at a total cash cost of US$0.49 cents per pound (net of silver credits).

The Company completed an expansion of the Dikulushi Mine at the beginning of October 2004 that is expected to increase production by approximately 50% to 20 000 tonnes of copper and 1.6 million ounces of silver per year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.520M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 81000 2.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 1065748 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.